How To Support Prostate Health
It’s unlikely that a conversation about the prostate will come up at your office or next dinner party. However, this is an important topic. Every man should be concerned about their prostate health. There are several things you can do, regardless of your age, that can help keep your prostate healthy. Here are some simple suggestions when it comes to diet, lifestyle and supplements that support prostate health:
- Eat more fruits.When it comes to fruit, look for brightly colored such as berries which are high in vitamin C and other antioxidants. Also, watermelon and tomatoes which are a great source of the potent antioxidant lycopene.
- Don’t forget your veggies. For vegetables, cruciferous ones are by far your best choice. These include broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, which contain sulforaphane. These phytonutrients help with the activity of the body’s detoxification enzymes.
- Include more healthy fats in your diet.For instance, snack on a small portion of pecans, almonds or walnuts. These are also high in zinc, an important mineral for prostate health.
- Drink green tea. Green tea contains potent antioxidant compounds, such as EGCG.
- Replace animal fat with plant-based fats.For example, instead of butter, use olive oil.
- Don’t smoke.I’m sure you know this already but let’s emphasize the importance: Anyone who is conscious about their health should not be smoking.
- Get a PSA blood test and examannually, beginning at age 50.
- Exercise.Too much body fat, especially around the stomach increases the risk of an unhealthy prostate. Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight and feel great!
- Take probiotics.Probiotics are “good” bacteria. They can help with the balance of good and bad bacteria in the intestinal tract, with the additional benefit of supporting the immune system.
- Try phytosterol supplements.Phytosterols are a group of natural compounds found in plants. Two popular ones for prostate health are beta-sitosterol and saw palmetto extract.
- Maday Labrador